Pseudoeconomist

Channeling of Thoughts from a Frustrated Writer and a Certified Complainer

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Medicine Isn't Really My Thing

i have been reading kevin's blog when i realized how bad my writing was. i mean, i am no writer but then again here i am trying hard to post something. nonetheless, i would try again in my post today.

in my last post i have said that at certain points in my college life i considered shifting to a medical course. honestly, it was not in my plan to take up a business course but i thought that i was destined to take up business economics no matter what.

when i was in high school, we were sorted in our third year to sections that were related to the course that we planned to take up in college. we call this system of sorting, tracking:

Physical Science Track- students who are math and techno freaks. they are the ones planning to take up engineering courses

Liberal Arts and Commerce Track - students who are good in english and are business oriented. they are the ones planning to take up business courses

Medical Science Track - the section for students who like memorizing. they are good in biology and are mostly interested in taking up nursing and of course medicine

Before entering one of these sections we would have to answer an exam and a survey. it doesn't mean that you like a ceratain track means you are automatically admitted. The exam would determine if you were a rightful student in the chosen track. normally, students who do not do well in the exam end up in the liberal arts and commerce since the qualification grade for the medical and physical science tracks was high. also, the section for the two tracks are limited unlike the liberal arts and commerce.

Anyway, i chose to be in the medical science and thank god i was admitted. I was really into taking up any medical course because i thought i was routing to med school and specialize in internal medicine. But then again i was damn wrong. I took up human anatomy and ended up not using it my college life. All were expecting me to write nursing as my first choice in my UPCAT form. Yes, i wrote nursing but erased it and ended up writing business economics. None of my teachers knew I wrote business economics and up until the results were released they were cluless. Only my friends and mom knew my decision. My mom ask me why I changed my mind and I instantly tolf her that all my friends are in diliman and none of them were planning to study in manila.

To cut the long story short, I passed diliman and took up business economics. When i told my teachers that i would be studying in diliman they were pleased but their smile faded when I told them I will be taking up a business course. They bombarded me with questions like why I didn't choose nursing and the like. I had no definite answer because I myself don't know the answer. My anatomy teacher to this day still asks my why i did not take up a medical course. She even told me once "sayang ing excellence in anatomy mu". I just smiled at her until now.

Now i have come to realize that I am really destined to take up a business course. I started liking business economics when I took up the first two major subjects. I never thought that I would enjoy exchange rates, balance of payments, david ricardo and his ricardian equivalence. Now i can proudly say that business is really my thing. medicine right now is just the last thing on my mind.

That's it for now! Arrivderci!
Have faith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home